Family 2013

Family 2013

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back to the Past!

I'm back home again from making arrangements for my mom.  One of my major responsiblities while I was home was to write the thank you notes.  According to etiquette web sites, you write a thank you for every card that is sent.  We're still trying to figure out if that applies to the posts on Mom's obituary.  So far the people who have posted are people we don't have addresses for...so it's kind of a moot point.

Anyway, I got taken off of "thank you note duty" when I got a little punch drunk and started wanted to address the notes to people AND their pets.  I still maintain that the family friend I was writing to would have appreciated having her dog included...I am ever the trouble maker...

So what am I doing now that I'm back home?  Well, my family wanted to be sure that I didn't feel unloved (at least they tell me that that is their reasoning) and so they left some housework for me.  So, today is my Monday.  Dusting, vacuuming, laundry...oh my!

I'm also excited to get back to my work on Ancestry.com.  I got some new pictures last night.  And now, I have to try to crop faces from pictures and post them to each person's spot on the family tree.  I'm trying to get to the point where I can print it all out in a book (a service that Ancestry.com offers).   The books are expensive enough that I'm probably only going to get 1 copy, so I'm still going to scrapbook the family tree for each of the kids' scrapbooks.  Geez, this is becoming a full time job all by itself.



This is a picture of my great-grandmother when she was 3.

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment