Family 2013

Family 2013

Monday, July 18, 2011

Living in the Past!

I've been scrapbooking for years.  Oh, it was fairly contained at first...a picture here, an embellishment there.  Now, well now, I guess you could call it an addiction!

Originally, I was trying to record the kids' childhood.  But my mother had made a photo album for each of us in 1986, and unfortunately she used a magnetic page album.  So of course, I had to get those pictures in a different album.  But everything has to be even, so now I have to do pages for Don's childhood...

Like the ripple effect when you throw a rock into a pond, then you have to research the people who came before you...

If you've ever read "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" you know that this process really doesn't have an end.  I have found some relatives as far back as 1840 on Ancestry.com.  I've also found information on relatives who traveled through Ellis Island in the early 1900s, I've found information about the ships that relative served on during WWII.  My father in law was on Normandy during D Day and my maternal grandfather commanded a minesweeper group that led the advance to Okinawa.


So, if you need me, you can find me on the "scrap heap".  I know a lot of people have gone digital, but I just love paper, glue and scissors!  I can do laundry tomorrow...
Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment