Family 2013

Family 2013

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Elizabeth Deck 1931-2011 My awesome Mother!

Last night my precious mother died.  That statement says so little, and yet so very much!

On Monday my mother went to the emergency room with a bowel obstruction/infection.  They had that problem mostly resolved when my mother suffered a pulmonary embolism.  It took over 25 minutes to resuscitate her, and in the process her brain was irreversibly damaged.  The family was trying to decide how Mother would want things handled, a very difficult thing for my father as you can well imagine.  It appears that Mother and God had a conversation and decided to solve that conundrum for us.  At approximately 9:30 last night (Tuesday), my mother died.

All that tells you very little about the amazing person that my mother was.  She spent hours teaching us the things we struggled with in school.  She managed her household so well that I actually thought it was an easy thing to do...until I had my own household.  She had a baby present set aside for a baby due in September.  She never missed your birthday or forgot details about your personal life.  She was genuinely interested in everyone she met!

As we're planning for her funeral, I realize how much I learned at her side.  I'm using the skills that she invested years in teaching me, to honor her memory.  I'm praying that some day my children will be able to say the same of me.  Mother, heaven has an amazing angel in you.  I will continue to use all that you taught me; particularly to love God and my family well, all the days of my life! I will always love you Mom!
Feeling blessed, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. Great tribute! Can't wait to meet her one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - what a wonderful way you're handling this rough time. It is a tribute to how she raised you. Having lost my mom, too, I can understand a little of how you're feeling and my prayers are for your whole family for comfort.

    Isn't it great to know that we will see them in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to honor your mother! Continuing to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete