Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, March 20, 2011

What to Do When Life Throws You a Curve...

In other words...SNAFU "Situation Normal All Fouled UP"! 

In the last week, Don has had a "situation" at work.  That means working a lot of overtime to untangle the "situation".  Which would be a lot more fun if he got paid for overtime!  He is also in week four of the cough/chest congestion bug that has been going around.

Last week our homeschool had a tour of the local college that offers dual enrollment. Which of course, causes me to pursue the dual-enrollment rabbit trail.

And it was the end of sign-up for prom.  That last 24 hours of a sign -up period is always sooo much fun!  But the prom supplies are due to arrive tomorrow.  It'll be like Christmas here!

I had a blast at co-op Friday.  We covered Easter Island, a visit from the Queen to Colonial Williamsburg (actually happened in 2007) and a taste of hasty pudding, Pandora's box and Act 4 Scenes 1-3 in Romeo & Juliet.  But then, Saturday we realized that I had left the cord to my Kitchen Kettle behind at the church.  We're not sure where it went.  The Kitchen Kettle multi-cooker does not, of course, work without it's cord.   I miss it already!

Normally when life hands me lemons, I shut the door to the house and make lemonade.  And don't venture back outside until life is better.  We call it "circling the wagons".  Tomorrow morning, my Romeo & Juliet class is going to see Romeo & Juliet at Mahaffey theater.  And then, I'm driving those wagons into a circle and staying put!  It's safer that way!

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment