Family 2013

Family 2013

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A New Start!

It's a brand new day!  Not because anything stellar happened, but because I'm going to try blogging again.  I seem to stay so busy with the details of LIFE, that I never getting to blogging.  Or Weight Watchers...but that would be a different post!

Let me tell you what I'm not. 

I'm not a homesteader!  I can bake a great loaf of bread, but my kitchen is not my passion.  I cook and bake because I have an aversion to starving.  In heaven, I want to spend all my time in restaurants and have a maid!  I make things from scratch because we have egg and shellfish allergies and diabetes to deal with in the house, and frankly it's just easier to have the basic ingredients to make a dish than it is to run to the store.

I'm not a seamstress.  I can sew, but (like the Hulk) you won't like me very much when I do.  These days my sewing seems to consist of prom dresses.  And, while I have the fabric laid out on the back table  partially cut out...my husband volunteered to let us BUY a dress, rather than experiencing me sewing another dress!

I'm not a couponer.  With all of our allergies, I don't get a lot of bang for my buck with coupons.  I can't switch brands on anything.  I do however, ADORE JoAnn's coupons!

I am a scrapbooker.  Oh, I know all about the new virtual scrapbooks, but give me paper and scissors and a BIG table and I'm a happy girl!  And pictures....lots and lots of pictures!

I am a teacher.  Not only are we homeschoolers, but I teach at our local co-op.  My favorite classes are history.  I did 10 hours of research on Qin Shi Huang (the first emperor of China) for last week's classes.  This week I'll be hip-deep in King Arthur, Colonial Williamsburg and Act 3 of Romeo & Juliet.  I prefer teaching through video, so that means a little Monthy Python and the Holy Grail, and possibly some clay mation.  My Romeo & Juliet class wants to do some stop motion work...but we need more than 1 computer!

Well the family is circling, trolling for lunch.  Maybe the reason we like each other is the frequent meals!
Feeling blessed, how about you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love it! Can't wait to see and read more. Your banner picture is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of your blog. We have decided that we love each other it is everyone else that bugs us. :)

    ReplyDelete