Family 2013

Family 2013

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Voila! It's Prom!

Since September of 2010, I've been working on our prom.  It's a really big deal to seniors, even though they can come back as alumni, not too many do.  The class of 2011 may be the exception to that rule!

I've never actually attended a prom since my own, which was a few years back!  Our son did not feel that he needed his mommy to go with him. Actually, neither does our daughter.  But this year, we needed someone to do prom, and last I checked, I am someone!  And our daughter wanted a prom!

So here's the final result!  Many thanks to Tradewinds Island Grand, Moorman Photographics and Expert DJ & Video!


I had 3 whole days to choose the theme so I went with the simply elegant "Black & White Ball".  I picked up table decorations at Christmas. I found a wonderful prom supply company for the rest.  The hotel was wonderful.  I dropped off the decorations the day before and everything was set up when I got there.  The DJ and photographer had set up their areas. Of course, there was still plenty to do!


We had a wonderful buffet dinner.  I know it was wonderful because I couldn't pronounce the names of any of the main dishes AND it tasted good!

And then they danced

and danced


and danced!

Our photographer caught a picture of the whole group
The general consensus is that we need to do it again next year!  This time the prom committee picks the theme and plans the event...whew!

Feeling blessed, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. We are so totally blessed! Our homeschooled kids are so much a cut above. Not only are they respectable, they shine! They are definitely persons to be proud of and so deserving of a wonderful prom. Thanks Cindi, for all your hard work. The kids had an absolutely awesome time and we so appreciate all you did to make this night a special one. One that they will remember forever.

    The Miller family

    ReplyDelete