Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Change, Seriously?

It has been a summer of change.  I really don't enjoy change.  I'm not the adventurous sort, I'm a total stick in the mud...an oak tree in a raging river.  God keeps giving me opportunities to become more of a flexible willow.

And this is another one of those opportunities...darn it!  Tomorrow my daughter begins her senior year of high school.  Let the empty nest approach.  Actually, I'm not too worried about that, the scrap heap will keep me busy for years!


Cindy @ 6 weeks

But...tomorrow my daughter will attend her first college class.  That will be a BIG change for both of us.  Cindy is used to having support when she struggles in a class.  I won't be there.  I know she can handle it.  I'm not completely sure that I can handle it.   But I'll still be here as proofreader and listener.

One of the really big challenges of college life is that it is much less flexible than homeschool. For example, she may not be able to attend my mom's funeral because she may not be able to miss class.  Oh her instructor would tell her to go, but I don't want her to struggle to get caught up.  We'll have to see how hard the class is before we make that decision.

But it's not all work.  We have a ton of high school activities planned this year.  For DJ's senior year we didn't participate in everything.  Since I'm arranging both the high school and senior activities, I think we'll be there this time!  And we have the amazing Grand Finale 18th birthday party mystery.

OK, Lord, I'm ready now...wait...OK...yup, I can do this.  Phillipians 4:13, right!  Bring on the senior year!
Feeling blessed, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. Senior year here too. Ready to see where these girls end up

    ReplyDelete