Family 2013

Family 2013

Monday, August 15, 2011

Just tell me where to go...

Last week we went to visit my MIL for her 84th birthday.  We had a rental car, and we ended up driving to lots of places we had never been to before. Fortunately , SIL had a Garmin which she loaned to us.  It was fantastic!  Not too many directions, just enough chatter to keep us on the road we needed to be on.  In fact, we only ticked "Carmen Garmin" off once (in case you haven't used one, "she" gets a little testy if she has to repeat herself).

I realized again, how much I LIKE (love, need) to know what is going to happen next.  I only do jigsaw puzzles if I have a pair of scissors.  Of course, there is much in life that doesn't cooperate.  For example, I had blood work done this morning.  If my triglycerides aren't still low, we may end up paying more for our health insurance.  But I did the best I could, so hopefully it will be good.

Which reminded me that I need to set up my lesson plans for homeschool and for co-op.  Finally after 13 years of homeschooling, I have a lesson plan grid that includes Cindy's chores.  I wish I though of designing it a few years ago, but at least I have it now.

I've also started using "baby" post-it notes on my calendar.  There are so many things that I need to remember every month/week.  I can move the post-it note to the next bring up every time.  It's amazing how much that has helped.  I can even post bring-ups for things happening at my dad's house.

Which reminds me of another reminder I need to improve on using.  Yup...you guessed it!  My Bible study.  I need to get back to basics.  Yup, summer is over, long live the routine!

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment