Family 2013

Family 2013

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fill it Up!

Tonight I filled the salt shaker! Momentous occasion, right? 

Actually it was.  Because...I had salt.  I was also able to refill the dish detergent.  I had to get out the "back up" salt to fill the salt shaker though.  That means I had to put salt on the shopping list on the fridge.  Right then.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Because if I didn't...the next time I needed to fill the salt shaker, we'd be sad out of luck.

So the next time I go to the grocery store I'll buy one more canister of salt.  Just one.  It will be my new back up canister, until it's needed.

Do you have any idea how much this simple concept can reduce the stress in your life?  Seriously!

I can cook, bake bread, clean things...all because I'm not out of salt.  I'm not tense, because I have what I need.  My children are seeing me model "planning ahead".  Perhaps you've never had to say to your kids "How could you NOT see that that would happen?  You should have thought ahead!"  Head bonk!  I should think ahead too!

If you don't already have one, start creating a system of backups.  Start with the things you use most.  Toilet paper is a REALLY good place to start, cuz you definitely don't want to run out.  Buy one extra pack (maybe a couple if it's on sale).  The minute you touch that pack, you need another...remember that!  Keep adding backups as your budget allows.  Start with the things that would bother you most to run out of. 

Important safety tip...put your backup in a logical place.  Keep a list if you have to.  Extra TP doesn't work as well if you can't find it!

I just heard today that reducing the stress in my life now (and increasing my contentment) can reduce my chance of getting Alzheimers.  Not sure if it will work...but it's worth a shot!  I think I'll plan ahead for that too!

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment