Family 2013

Family 2013

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Adult Mom-ing!

Moms--you will always be a mom. Don't be sad as your kiddos scream into adulthood (sometimes literally)! You may not wake up KNOWING that you will be "mom-ing" today. The stuff that you have to "mom" will most likely be bigger than Cheerios vs. Rice Krispies or playing "What's that Smell". You will have to be on your game instantaneously.

But, hey, you've been prepping your kid's entire lives for this! You don't get to stretch your Mom-ness that often anymore. So, when your kids call with a question, problem or concern; sit down and listen. Pay attention to them, because who knows when the next opportunity will come. If you're lucky enough to live close to your munchkins, put on a pot of coffee and have an adult moment. Personally, I'm not that lucky...but I did learn today not to try to eat a peanut butter sandwich during a "mom moment"!

And if you're really lucky, you might get to "Mom" ALL of your adult children in a 6 hour period! And then you will need a nap, I promise! So what did I get to "mom" today?

  • Do I try to graduate from college a semester early (since I'm only one class off) 
    • 15 credit hours + activities + job is enough in one semester 
  • Which class do I drop then? 
    • Mutually, we decided the one that she needed an override to take 
  • My car breathed it's last and won't move. How do I get rid of the carcass? 
    • I, of course, segued right in to buying the new one and how old is too old, etc.
  • Is this a good price for the car carcass?
    • Probably the best you'll do and you won't have to worry about it anymore. 
You will always be needed, Mom. Enjoy the "mom moments" and if your mama is still around, give her a thrill and call with a mom moment.

And kiddos? Call your mom!!! She needs to be needed! And thanks, kids, for letting me into your lives today!  Feeling blessed, how about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment