Family 2013

Family 2013

Monday, January 28, 2013

Beautiful Family Culture

In four months I'll be speaking at our state homeschool convention on strong family culture.  I figured I'd use my blog to think through what I want to say.

I'll be the first to admit that it is easier to have a happy attitude when your baby is 19, at least most days.  I'm not tied to the house.  And now that I'm not "required" to stay home, I find I want to be here! Another advantage is that the kids don't cry and scream as much.  In fact, I probably have more temper tantrums than they do!

Having said that, those 2 kids WERE screaming toddlers at one point, and we still had a family culture...even back then!

So, in a nutshell, here's my first point--do you represent your family in the way that you want the world to think of them?  When you speak to your husband in public, do you speak well of him (and he of you)? Do you post the good things your kids do...or are you always "fussin' on Facebook"?

If you'll pardon me, I think I'll crawl into a corner now, and lick my "wounds of conviction"...

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment