Family 2013

Family 2013

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Homeskool Gradjimication!

There are certain subjects which are conversational "hot buttons".  Politics, religion and of course, homeschooling.  Homeschoolers have been accused of under-educating, over-educating and under/over socializing our children for years.

I have been approached in grocery stores by people I have never met (truthfully, still haven't) and given their opinion on why I shouldn't homeschool.  One little old lady told me "I do NOT approve of homeschooling".  Remind me again why I should care about her opinion?

Anyway, yesterday was our support group's 14th graduation ceremony (over 25 years, not all in one year!).  We had 34 graduates.  Some were ready to dance on the stage and get the party started.  A couple looked like they were ready to throw up!  But they all did a beautiful job.




Cindy went with me.  She was there to see her friends graduate.  She was also there to see how she might want to decorate her senior table next year.  Yes, it is rapidly approaching that time.  I wish I had a nickel for every parent who told me yesterday how quickly her senior year will go.

So, to the brave parents of the PPEA Class of 2011 whose little birds are preparing to leave the nest; I salute you!  I'm also praying for you.  Please return the favor for me next year!

Feeling blessed, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment